- Tickets now available for The Importance of Being Earnest
- Trinity alumnus called up for England Rugby training camp
- Trinity Student wins HSBC and British Council Mandarin Chinese Speaking Competition
- Trinity Students impress at Academic Symposium 2018
- Talented pianists wow at Trinity's annual Piano Festival
- Trinity Students selected for National Youth Choir
- Trinity Headmaster's Newsletter
- Hist Bee & Bowl
Head of Department - Mr Matt Richbell
Subject: Physical Education (AQA)
- GCSE (AQA Syllabus 4890)
- AS Level (OCR Syllabus H154)
- A2 Level (OCR Syllabus H554)
GCSE students will be able to earn 60% of marks from their coursework, with practical performance producing the lion’s share of the marks.
AS students will be concerned with analysing and evaluating the factors that bring a sportsman from any starting point to competition level. 40% of marks are awarded for practical coursework here with a requirement to show skills in two different activities which can be a variety of roles (performer, official, coach).
A2 students will then study the influences which will facilitate/inhibit progress to elite levels. Again 40% of marks are awarded to coursework. Students will focus on one role in one activity but practical skills have to be backed up by constructive analysis.
The department is well-resourced with its own sport science bookshelves to augment the relevant sections of the school library. In addition, a wealth of theoretical and coaching materials has been gathered together in both book and electronic form.