- Trinity students 'Inspiring Change'
- Trinity Headmaster's Newsletter
- Former Trinity student appointed chief executive of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust.
- Trinity Musician of the Year
- Trinity School – the Water Polo Powerhouse of the South of England
- Trinity U12 Football Team Crowned Surrey Champions
- Sixth Form Open Evening 15th October 2018
- Open Morning 6th October 2018
Trinity Boys' Choir perform A Midsummer Night's Dream with English National Opera
We are so proud that the Trinity Boys’ Choir is currently part of two productions in London of Britten’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
A children’s chorus appears in many operas, usually to provide a change of pace, a moment of excitement or to offer a varied sound to the adult chorus. Britten’s opera on Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream is unique in giving the chorus entirely to children, specifically boy trebles. And, unlike with most operas, the musical expectations are high: boys have to sing a wide vocal range, in harmony, and they appear at various significant parts of the production, notably the beginning and the end.
Trinity Boys’ Choir first performed this opera at Aldeburgh, the home of Benjamin Britten, in 1980 and since the choir has gained an international reputation for providing the boys’ chorus; this has involved 17 different productions and performances in Hong Kong, France, Italy and China.
Our choir is now the boys’ chorus of choice, and thirty of our younger boys are currently maintaining the tradition at the London Coliseum for English National Opera and at the Royal College of Music.
All the boys have spent many hours in rehearsals over the past few weeks, including most of the half
term break. Many congratulations to all the
singers for the outstanding reviews they have received. The ENO group has been described as
‘outstanding’ (Seen and Heard International), ‘excellent’ (Opera Today), ‘splendidly disciplined’ (The
Telegraph) and ‘impressively drilled’ (What’s on Stage) while the smaller RCM troupe is ‘another
prime contingent’ (Bachtrack), ‘dulcet-voiced’ (Opera Today) and sing ‘with angelic projection as
always’ (Seen and Heard International).
Find out more about booking HERE.
- | 11th June 2018
- | 08th June 2018The Headmaster's Newsletter
- | 08th June 2018
- | 17th May 2018Bryce Hosannah signs for Leeds United
- | 16th May 2018